Sure enough, if clients know you as Jon Doe Painting and search Google, they’re pretty likely to find you in between the other Jon Doe Painting companies across the globe. But what if they simply type in “City Painting” or “Painting in City State”, how will you come up in search results?
A few keyword tools we like to use which not only give you results for the keyword you typed in, but also for different combinations of keywords.
- https://ahrefs.com (paid)
- https://www.semrush.com (paid)
- http://serped.net (paid)
- https://adwords.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/ (free)
Without knowing your keywords along with the volume, CPC, and competition for each keyword phrase, you might well stop right here for anything you do moving forward without this info; you’ll be wasting your time and money.
Just to show you want I mean, let’s see a few monthly search results using a few different keyword phrases.
- Jon Doe Painting = 0 search result
- Seattle Painting = 320
- Seattle Painters = 320
- Painters Seattle = 140
- Painters Seattle WA = 20
- Painting Seattle = 110
- Painting Seattle Washington = 0
- Painting Contractors Seattle = 140
- Exterior Painting Seattle = 90